The Exodus Zone
You have been logged in.

End War Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End War Review

Post by VietJr on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:56 pm

EndWar takes place in the Atlantic theater of the ensuing world war. The US, a revitalized Russia, and the Europeans have erupted into an all-out war with no allies betwixt them. If you play through the single-player campaign, you'll work through the "prelude to war" which tells the tale of how this war to end all wars gets sparked and then pick a side to fight for. After that the focus shifts away from storytelling and towards pure gameplay as the eventual end is put in your hands.

Though many real-time strategy games offer unique characters and intricate storylines, EndWar focuses on action and streamlined gameplay. It all revolves around the voice commands. It is entirely possible to play EndWar with nothing more than a trigger button and your voice. On the flip side, it's possible to play with just a controller while keeping your mouth shut. To get the most out of the game, you'll want to use a combination of both.

There is a small learning curve that you'll have to work through to get into the swing of things. Though you can control the game entirely by shouting out commands, the game can only recognize certain phrases. You can't simply say, "Calling all units, win the game," despite the best efforts of every other person I played against. Still, the voice commands work out of an intuitive tree that begins with who or what you would like to direct and ends with its target. If you don't have the whole command layout memorized, you can just look on the upper left side of the screen and talk your way through the command line. The game will bring up the possible options for what you can say as you go. By using this, you can do something as simple as move the camera to as complex as grouping two separate units together and directing them to attack an enemy on the far side of the map. Or you can drop a WMD on top on some poor sap's head.
VietJr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: End War Review

Post by ICEheaven102 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Good review. Btw, moved it. Wrong section. Wink

My Twitter

I am only a fan of Vietcong tactics and I like to make fun of Communism. I do not support the VC's ideals nor Communism.

Your friendly neighbourhood Commissar. Got a question? PM me, ask me on Twitter , Facebook or e-mail me at: sirevil100@hotmail.com
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet
Name : Tuyên (Pronounced Tuee-ien) (Vietnamese name), Dex (English), Icey (Old TF nickname)

http://exoduszone.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CoDfAtHeR123 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:21 am

VietJr wrote:EndWar takes place in the Atlantic theater of the ensuing world war. The US, a revitalized Russia, and the Europeans have erupted into an all-out war with no allies betwixt them. If you play through the single-player campaign, you'll work through the "prelude to war" which tells the tale of how this war to end all wars gets sparked and then pick a side to fight for. After that the focus shifts away from storytelling and towards pure gameplay as the eventual end is put in your hands.

Though many real-time strategy games offer unique characters and intricate storylines, EndWar focuses on action and streamlined gameplay. It all revolves around the voice commands. It is entirely possible to play EndWar with nothing more than a trigger button and your voice. On the flip side, it's possible to play with just a controller while keeping your mouth shut. To get the most out of the game, you'll want to use a combination of both.

There is a small learning curve that you'll have to work through to get into the swing of things. Though you can control the game entirely by shouting out commands, the game can only recognize certain phrases. You can't simply say, "Calling all units, win the game," despite the best efforts of every other person I played against. Still, the voice commands work out of an intuitive tree that begins with who or what you would like to direct and ends with its target. If you don't have the whole command layout memorized, you can just look on the upper left side of the screen and talk your way through the command line. The game will bring up the possible options for what you can say as you go. By using this, you can do something as simple as move the camera to as complex as grouping two separate units together and directing them to attack an enemy on the far side of the map. Or you can drop a WMD on top on some poor sap's head.

Did you actually write that or take it from another site?

If you copied it, I'll get a few game reviews.
CoDfAtHeR123
FNG (Noob)
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top