The Exodus Zone
You have been logged in.

Some reasonable problems of this forum.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some reasonable problems of this forum.

Post by Say Wuut on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:17 am

I admit this forum does kind of suck, because of the rather grotesque layout. I mean it is really really unorganized.

Here's the list of problems I have with the site:

1.) Can't the chatbox in a different section or tab? (For neatness)

2.) Make the buttons to access different areas of the thread smaller.

3.) Smilies are unorganized.

4.) Theme of this site is a depressing grey, red, black.

5.) Header is old and a new on is needed.

6.) Tabs up tab are abnormally large.

7.) Make access to settings easier.

8.) When attempting to sign in, name and password is not visible unless highlighted.

9.) Chatbox needs revamp. Organize the sections better, delete some off.

10.) Hold a warning policy, no exceptions. (That means you Ice)

11.) Fix the "Who's Online" at the bottom along with the bottom. It takes up to much unneeded space.

12.) Update site icons with something other than anime figures. Not to mention that most of them suck.

13.) Delete the forum rules section on the main page since it is a sticky in every section. (It's redundant)

14.) Remove calendar button or make it match with the site.

15.) Update moderators badges or user post icons to something more appealing. (Those rank things look ugly)

16.) Hide the bottom bar which says "free forum" as much as possible.

17.) Change the website url to something more appeal, like Exodus Zone instead of ef102? (Wtf)

18.) Remove the ladies section, obviously a form of sexism.

19.) Put PS3, Xbox, Pc, Wii, Handheld into ONE area with clickable sections.

20.) Remove genre's relating to different game systems.

21.) Remove different topics are not related.

22.) Look professional with you're posts. You're the God damn admin, act like one. For chrissake don't use weird font colors in serious threads such as Forum rules. What the hell is this? **FORUM RULES: READ FIRST**<--

It should be - Forum Rules: Read First. When I click on the thing I get this: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9945/58932700.png

Are you serious? Why are the forum updates, rank guide, and then TWO sets of forum rules?

23.) Remove "drawn" from digital arts. Don't use the shorten term "SOTF" then explain what it is in parenthesis.

24.) Replace the forum banner.

If you need any help with changes, I would be more than happy to help. Not to mention I know quite a few people who are knowledgeable in these sort of things, especially in design and art.

Say Wuut

Character sheet
Name :

Back to top Go down

Re: Some reasonable problems of this forum.

Post by Doitsu on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Helen wrote:I admit this forum does kind of suck, because of the rather grotesque layout. I mean it is really really unorganized.

Here's the list of problems I have with the site:

1.) Can't the chatbox in a different section or tab? (For neatness)

2.) Make the buttons to access different areas of the thread smaller.

3.) Smilies are unorganized.

4.) Theme of this site is a depressing grey, red, black.

5.) Header is old and a new on is needed.

6.) Tabs up tab are abnormally large.

7.) Make access to settings easier.

8.) When attempting to sign in, name and password is not visible unless highlighted.

9.) Chatbox needs revamp. Organize the sections better, delete some off.

10.) Hold a warning policy, no exceptions. (That means you Ice)

11.) Fix the "Who's Online" at the bottom along with the bottom. It takes up to much unneeded space.

12.) Update site icons with something other than anime figures. Not to mention that most of them suck.

13.) Delete the forum rules section on the main page since it is a sticky in every section. (It's redundant)

14.) Remove calendar button or make it match with the site.

15.) Update moderators badges or user post icons to something more appealing. (Those rank things look ugly)

16.) Hide the bottom bar which says "free forum" as much as possible.

17.) Change the website url to something more appeal, like Exodus Zone instead of ef102? (Wtf)

18.) Remove the ladies section, obviously a form of sexism.

19.) Put PS3, Xbox, Pc, Wii, Handheld into ONE area with clickable sections.

20.) Remove genre's relating to different game systems.

21.) Remove different topics are not related.

22.) Look professional with you're posts. You're the God damn admin, act like one. For chrissake don't use weird font colors in serious threads such as Forum rules. What the hell is this? **FORUM RULES: READ FIRST**<--

It should be - Forum Rules: Read First. When I click on the thing I get this: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9945/58932700.png

Are you serious? Why are the forum updates, rank guide, and then TWO sets of forum rules?

23.) Remove "drawn" from digital arts. Don't use the shorten term "SOTF" then explain what it is in parenthesis.

24.) Replace the forum banner.

If you need any help with changes, I would be more than happy to help. Not to mention I know quite a few people who are knowledgeable in these sort of things, especially in design and art.

Sheesh ummmm.. I have to agree with some to most of these suggestions, if wwe would like to make this place more appealing.

1.) I like this idea, it wouldn't seem to be that hard

3.) Simple to do

5.) Ya, we could change the header

6.) Yes they are

7.) We definatly need this one

10.) Yes, I'd rather start bannning trolls than have them come back

15.) We do need and update for badges

17.) Sorry, but Exodus Zone is easier to remembers than ef102

18.) I guess so....

19.) General Gaming; Games get individual threads

I amy have some other simple suggestions when the time comes for updating.

I am only a Supporter of Waffen-SS Tactics; Not Nazism

&amp;amp;quot;Germany is not a state of warriors, but of soldiers. They obey, discipline is in their blood .&amp;amp;quot;
Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet
Name : Blake Schultz

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSamTheLost on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 pm

i'm hungry. feed me facts.
NotSamTheLost

Character sheet
Name :

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:40 am

1. Unfortunately, I cannot. Sad I've tried to do that when I was first designing this place, but there is no way I can do that.

2. I think the buttons are fine. You kidding me? Those tabs are HUGE. Look at how much space they take up: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9017/59782282.png

3. I will get to organizing them. Good good.

4. I think it's fine. Personally for me it feels depressing and gothic. Add some color to this site. Whats wrong with bright colors?

5. I will try to change it up each day. By header I mean the one that says Exodus Zone.

6. Not really....

7. It already is. Just click "Profile".

8. It's fine for me. It happened to me before I was a moderator may be it's that.

9. What do you mean by "revamp", and the sections are organized, none need to be deleted. Can't you combine all these together into one section called "Video Games" and you're inside you get to pick from PS3, Xbox, PC, Wii, PS2, Etc.

10. I'll try to be more strict next time. Curse my softness. Sad

11. It's alright, but can you access it though? I'm able to access it.

12. What do you recommend I use for the icons? Something rectangular shape and fits inside the section nicely. I'll ask some of my friends if their able to do some for me. I mean that little fox moderator leaves so MUCh space on the outside edges.

13. I will.

14. Well, the calender button is needed, so people can tell who's birthday it is, and the button is really unfitting. The button did not come with the theme, so I'll make it into a tiny one.

15. I have updated the mod badge, will update my badge, and give Ober Admin position with his one rank. Also, give me some suggestions for post ranks. I've been meaning to change them, but I've got no ideas. Those look really horrible, no offense. I'll make something.

16. I can't.

17. Everyone is too used to the url so I cannot. That's only four of us. I'm sure I can remember something. How about we change it into Iemitsu?

18. Done. It's been removed.

19. The current layout is fine. I made it so that this site can support a variety of gamers.

20. Like #19, I made it to support different gamers.

21. If I find an unrelated one, I will move it, and if it is against the rules, or totally unrelated to anything, I will delete it.

22. Changed. Also, I like my blue. (Sorry if I'm like Esco and his green. Razz)

23. Alright.

24. Viet said he is making one and it will be done by December. He recently told me he has not even started work on it for the last 2-3 months. Razz

Maybe one of you guys, or me can make it if Viet does not finish in the deadline.

Also, would you like to be a moderator?

By the way, I've been using something called http://www.loudfusion.com/ for music. Also they have widgets which play a list of songs you selected, either automatically or manually. You're choice. It's a really good site. Also could you use that music player in the home section? Instead of portal?

My Twitter

I am only a fan of Vietcong tactics and I like to make fun of Communism. I do not support the VC's ideals nor Communism.

Your friendly neighbourhood Commissar. Got a question? PM me, ask me on Twitter , Facebook or e-mail me at: sirevil100@hotmail.com
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet
Name : Tuyên (Pronounced Tuee-ien) (Vietnamese name), Dex (English), Icey (Old TF nickname)

http://exoduszone.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Scout on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Ober gets to be an admin? T_T

Character sheet
Name : Fiona

http://twitter.com/kst933

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:20 pm

kst933 wrote:Ober gets to be an admin? T_T
Yes Shocked I guess because I handle situations well, and don't crack under pressure lol JK JK. I'll be an Admin because I'm online multiple times of the day, and while Ice is gone.

&amp;amp;quot;Germany is not a state of warriors, but of soldiers. They obey, discipline is in their blood .&amp;amp;quot;
Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Scout on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Well, you definitely don't get monthly rage quits T_T

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 pm

kst933 wrote:Well, you definitely don't get monthly rage quits T_T
Yes, I can manage the stress very well Razz

Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by NotSamTheLost on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 pm

i r prozor adminz.
NotSamTheLost

Character sheet
Name :

Back to top Go down

Post by Say Wuut on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:16 pm

1. Unfortunately, I cannot. Sad I've tried to do that when I was first designing this place, but there is no way I can do that.

2. I think the buttons are fine. You kidding me? Those tabs are HUGE. Look at how much space they take up: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9017/59782282.png

3. I will get to organizing them. Good good.

4. I think it's fine. Personally for me it feels depressing and gothic. Add some color to this site. Whats wrong with bright colors?

5. I will try to change it up each day. By header I mean the one that says Exodus Zone.

6. Not really....

7. It already is. Just click "Profile".

8. It's fine for me. It happened to me before I was a moderator may be it's that.

9. What do you mean by "revamp", and the sections are organized, none need to be deleted. Can't you combine all these together into one section called "Video Games" and you're inside you get to pick from PS3, Xbox, PC, Wii, PS2, Etc.

10. I'll try to be more strict next time. Curse my softness. Sad

11. It's alright, but can you access it though? I'm able to access it.

12. What do you recommend I use for the icons? Something rectangular shape and fits inside the section nicely. I'll ask some of my friends if their able to do some for me. I mean that little fox moderator leaves so MUCh space on the outside edges.

13. I will.

14. Well, the calender button is needed, so people can tell who's birthday it is, and the button is really unfitting. The button did not come with the theme, so I'll make it into a tiny one.

15. I have updated the mod badge, will update my badge, and give Ober Admin position with his one rank. Also, give me some suggestions for post ranks. I've been meaning to change them, but I've got no ideas. Those look really horrible, no offense. I'll make something.

16. I can't.

17. Everyone is too used to the url so I cannot. That's only four of us. I'm sure I can remember something. How about we change it into Iemitsu?

18. Done. It's been removed.

19. The current layout is fine. I made it so that this site can support a variety of gamers.

20. Like #19, I made it to support different gamers.

21. If I find an unrelated one, I will move it, and if it is against the rules, or totally unrelated to anything, I will delete it.

22. Changed. Also, I like my blue. (Sorry if I'm like Esco and his green. Razz)

23. Alright.

24. Viet said he is making one and it will be done by December. He recently told me he has not even started work on it for the last 2-3 months. Razz

Maybe one of you guys, or me can make it if Viet does not finish in the deadline.

Also, would you like to be a moderator?

By the way, I've been using something called http://www.loudfusion.com/ for music. Also they have widgets which play a list of songs you selected, either automatically or manually. You're choice. It's a really good site. Also could you use that music player in the home section? Instead of portal?

Say Wuut

Character sheet
Name :

Back to top Go down

Post by Say Wuut on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Btw the hell can I do this?

Say Wuut

Character sheet
Name :

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Helen wrote:Btw the hell can I do this?

O.o =O

2. It's just the forum theme.

4. Bright colours= Burning eyes.

5. Yes, I know. I will change it up at least everyday.

9. I made it for organization, so there won't be a clusterf*ck of threads, and no one knows for what system or game.

12. Alright.

15. Ok, lol. GO get something.

17. Iemitsu? I think the url will be absolutely fine.

My Twitter

I am only a fan of Vietcong tactics and I like to make fun of Communism. I do not support the VC's ideals nor Communism.

Your friendly neighbourhood Commissar. Got a question? PM me, ask me on Twitter , Facebook or e-mail me at: sirevil100@hotmail.com
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet
Name : Tuyên (Pronounced Tuee-ien) (Vietnamese name), Dex (English), Icey (Old TF nickname)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:55 pm

I've noticed some changes to the forum, and they've been pretty good. I also like some of the newer features adn icons. I wish I could contribute though T_T
Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya

Character sheet
Name : Ai Miromoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Scout on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:24 pm

You can if you want, Ai Smile

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Aishteru_Master wrote:I've noticed some changes to the forum, and they've been pretty good. I also like some of the newer features adn icons. I wish I could contribute though T_T

Yeah, I'm all ears. Speak away.

My Twitter

ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:31 pm

All right, well let me see if there is anything wrong that I can see....

1. Well, I guess Knives is kinda right, it is a little dark, so if it were a little brighter it would be nice (But not too bright <_<). However, it does fit with the style pretty well, so even if you didn't change it, it would look fine.

2. No offense, but the portal needs work. It seems to kinda be ina real mess, but it doesn't need to be done now, because no one really uses it.

3. IDK if you could do this, but is it possible to change the background in certain forums areas? For example maybe we could make the introduction forum more inviting? Or the Anime forum more anime-y lol

4. This may be unneeded, but maybe we could have a gallery to post pictures in groupings if we felt like it. This could be used if we find random funny pictures, screen shots from games, or even community pictures (When we take an anime picture with several characters in it, and caption each one as a person from here).

I'll post more if I think of anything. Smile
Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:06 pm

1. Bright colours hurt my eyes.

2. Viet was supposed to fix it, but he just left it half done. >_>

3. Yeah, we could soup up the intro forum, and I cannot change backgrounds for forum sections. Sorry.

4. There is a gallery option, but I don't know how to work it. Razz

My Twitter

ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:35 pm

ICEheaven102 wrote:1. Bright colours hurt my eyes.

2. Viet was supposed to fix it, but he just left it half done. >_>

3. Yeah, we could soup up the intro forum, and I cannot change backgrounds for forum sections. Sorry.

4. There is a gallery option, but I don't know how to work it. Razz

1. Understandable, bright colors hurt my eyes too (Partial Colorblindness Smile)

2. Ok thats understandable as well

3. Refer to #2

4. I've got time on my hands during the day, how about I try and fix that up for us? I alread fixed the character sheets Cool

Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Say Wuut on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:32 pm

When talking about bright colors, I think she's saying bright but not IWF white. Plus you need to get outside more because it doesn't hurt my eyes to look at the bright colors there. Suspect

Say Wuut

Character sheet
Name :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:55 pm

^Yep, that just about describes what I was thinking. I didn't mean EXTREMELY bright <.<
Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Scout on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:45 pm

It kinda hurts when the entire forum is really dark and then there's a big white box in the middle of it that popped out of nowhere T_T

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Knives Chau wrote:When talking about bright colors, I think she's saying bright but not IWF white. Plus you need to get outside more because it doesn't hurt my eyes to look at the bright colors there. Suspect

I understand that, but bright colours doesn't really fit my taste, and yes I do go outside.

My Twitter

ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top