The Exodus Zone
You have been logged in.

The Death Penalty in America

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Death Penalty in America

Post by Doitsu on Sat May 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Before I say anything, I would like to apologize for this topic, since it is semi-political.

OK so for the past week or so my American History class has been going through different issues in America such as this one. My opinion is that we should keep the death penalty for serious inmates/convicts. I was just curious what others have to say wether they are or are not in America. I guess we could somewhat debate this, but keep it clean.

I am only a Supporter of Waffen-SS Tactics; Not Nazism

"Germany is not a state of warriors, but of soldiers. They obey, discipline is in their blood ."
Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet
Name : Blake Schultz

Back to top Go down

Re: The Death Penalty in America

Post by NewWaveGuy on Sat May 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Interesting, the death penalty has been abolished since 1996 here in Belgium. While I do think some people/criminals deserve something like a death penalty I'm not a protagonist of it. Justice makes too many mistakes and trials can be outdated or unfair for one or another.

It's unfortunate that something like the death penalty doesn't seem to scare criminals at the time of their crime.
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Sat May 22, 2010 11:24 pm

ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:Interesting, the death penalty has been abolished since 1996 here in Belgium. While I do think some people/criminals deserve something like a death penalty I'm not a protagonist of it. Justice makes too many mistakes and trials can be outdated or unfair for one or another.

It's unfortunate that something like the death penalty doesn't seem to scare criminals at the time of their crime.

I understand what you are saying. For me, the argument of "Making them think about what they did for the rest of their life" seems invalid. For example, if someone muders 10 people, they must have the mind set that what they did was "great". So by making them think about what they did every day for the rest of their life, it would only be making them proud. By killing those type of pepole, we wouldn't have to waste tax money on taking care of them and we would be taking away the pleasure of them getting to enjoy what they have done.

"Germany is not a state of warriors, but of soldiers. They obey, discipline is in their blood ."
Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Shihaisha on Wed May 26, 2010 7:38 pm

The death penalty can be given to those who take a life in my opinion. I feel that they deserve to have thier life taken if they took a life themselves. However, I think the death penalty should only be given if there is significant evidence of the accused criminals crime, to prevent a chance of the innocent being accused as much as possible.

Ryu Shihaisha
Left
Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Thu May 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Another Question: If you support the DEath Penalty, what would be the method of DEath?

I would vote for the old fashioned Firing squad. It gets the job done, the men who are firing don't know who killed the conviect, so they have a clear mind, and it doesn't take many resources to do.

Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWaveGuy on Fri May 28, 2010 3:21 pm

OberKommando44 wrote:
ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:Interesting, the death penalty has been abolished since 1996 here in Belgium. While I do think some people/criminals deserve something like a death penalty I'm not a protagonist of it. Justice makes too many mistakes and trials can be outdated or unfair for one or another.

I understand what you are saying. For me, the argument of "Making them think about what they did for the rest of their life" seems invalid. For example, if someone muders 10 people, they must have the mind set that what they did was "great". So by making them think about what they did every day for the rest of their life, it would only be making them proud. By killing those type of pepole, we wouldn't have to waste tax money on taking care of them and we would be taking away the pleasure of them getting to enjoy what they have done.
I never even thought of that, most criminals don't seem to be impressed by their own actions afterwards anyway, I see prison as a life behind bars solely (you have to give up your freedom, etc. as a punishment).

I hate it when people, that know what they did, get an alternative penalty (some sort of institution) and they get declared crazy, while these people might be sick in their heads that doesn't mean they didn't know what they did and knew it was wrong.

How would the death penalty have to be done, I don't really care, perhaps the same way like he/she did to the victims.
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top