The Exodus Zone
You have been logged in.

Resident Evil: Afterlife

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Post by Lady_Scout on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:56 pm

So Alice returns to her hunt for the Umbrella HQ which was revealed in the last movie to be in Tokyo, Japan (I think Wesker just took over the Capcom headquarters, really). She brings along her clones and well, things don't turn out that great. Six months later, she's looking for her friends Claire and the others from Extinction who took a helicopter to Arcadia, Alaska where there is supposedly a zombie-free haven. But it's not what it seems...

I'm not giving out the rest of the story Smile

Anyway, here's my Resi fan rant:
Spoiler:
There's a fair amount of stuff not matching up with the games, of course. It's a movie so of course there's some differences in the story.

First of all, Chris isn't on steroids! Which means he doesn't need smart pills!

Okay, there's a LOT of those little mind control devices on people. You know, the one on Jill from Resi 5? (I'll get to Jill later). Claire gets one on her too and she's got that red vest of hers. Anyway, Chris Redfield is in the army. Say whaaat? Game profile says he's former Air Force. Then there's the Majini dudes. Okay, really? They aren't infected by the T-virus! This will soon lead to another point. Moving on now. The Executioner. It is really hard to miss him. The problem is, he isn't fat enough and he's running too fast. His gate-opening skills are terrible. That is all.

Next part! Wesker has little pet Cerebus'! They split their heads open like in Resi 5. The sad part is, they got Wesker completely wrong. He is NOT infected with the T-virus and he's not supposed to have a tiny crab living in this mouth, movie developer noobs! Since when does he eat people? Wesker is supposed to be infected by the Progenitor virus and bonds quite well with it. At least they kept the red eyes and Matrix moves. Silly Chris catches the sunglasses again and he gets his butt kicked just like in Resi 5.

The Wesker battle was kinda lame. It wasn't that exciting to watch and he "died" quite stupidly. There's no RPG kills Sad

The movie developers put a little clip after some of the credits. It's Jill!!!!! They got her style down quite well. It would've been more cool to put her in the bird mask and cloak though.

/rant

Character sheet
Name : Fiona

http://twitter.com/kst933

Back to top Go down

Re: Resident Evil: Afterlife

Post by Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:17 pm

I saw the previews for it, it looked like a horror/action movie. I've heard about the resident evil series, but never really played it. It looked like a great movie though, I may end up watching it if it comes out on DVD Very Happy Or there any other movies in the series?
Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya

Character sheet
Name : Ai Miromoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Scout on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Yes, Afterlife is like the 4th movie, I think Surprised

Character sheet
Name : Fiona

http://twitter.com/kst933

Back to top Go down