The Exodus Zone
You have been logged in.

Favorite PS2 game of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite PS2 game of all time?

Post by Ryu Shihaisha on Wed May 26, 2010 2:13 am

Okami is my favorite game for the Playstation 2 and it's one of my favorite games of all time. The watercolor-like graphics, brilliant storytelling, colorful characters, and amazing soundtrack kept me interested in playing on my Playstation 2 as much as possible well after the Playstation 3 was released. It makes me wish that I did not sell my Playstation 2. It's also the first game that I bought the original soundtrack for and listen to almost everyday.

Ryu Shihaisha
Left
Left

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite PS2 game of all time?

Post by ICEheaven102 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Either Killzone 1, the Onimusha series or the Dynasty Warriors games.

My Twitter

I am only a fan of Vietcong tactics and I like to make fun of Communism. I do not support the VC's ideals nor Communism.

Your friendly neighbourhood Commissar. Got a question? PM me, ask me on Twitter , Facebook or e-mail me at: sirevil100@hotmail.com
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet
Name : Tuyên (Pronounced Tuee-ien) (Vietnamese name), Dex (English), Icey (Old TF nickname)

http://exoduszone.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWaveGuy on Wed May 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Okami, yea some real good memories, different in many ways, good ways, as you said I also liked the whole graphic design and atmosphere in that game, something you couldn't find in any other game.

I think it's really sad there won't be a second Okami Sad, not sure why it was again but I thought the team was making a new game (Okami game for PSP) without the original creator of the first Okami, because of that the original creator was very disappointed and felt like they stole something he made and didn't want to make a new Okami game Sad. I'm not sure how it was exactly, perhaps you know more of it.

I think I have to choose Grand Theft Auto Vice City for myself as best game, while there are many others that are really really good, and it's also hard to compare certain games with others since they can be so different.

By the way, has anyone ever played Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2), I loved that game, it had cell shaded graphics which were also pretty cool.
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyChrist on Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 pm

GTA San Andreas.

Amazing sound track. Great gameplay. HUGE world (like 3 times as big as Liberty City). Probably at a tie with Crysis and Battlefield 2 for my favorite games of all time.
JohnnyChrist

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWaveGuy on Thu May 27, 2010 4:18 pm

JohnnyChrist wrote:GTA San Andreas.

Amazing sound track. Great gameplay. HUGE world (like 3 times as big as Liberty City). Probably at a tie with Crysis and Battlefield 2 for my favorite games of all time.
San Andreas was really good but I prefer Vice City a bit more, also when it comes down to the soundtrack. I, and I assume you too, didn't really like the rap/hip hop music in San Andreas, and Vice City did an amazing job with V Rock and Lazlow, Vice City Stories had imo the best soundtrack, heck I play still play that game sometimes only to listen to the music.
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Thu May 27, 2010 6:53 pm

StarWars battlefront Razz I know its a nerdy choice, but that game had a lot of fun modes/maps. Though the second one wasn even better. Jedi battle at Tatowine FTW!

I am only a Supporter of Waffen-SS Tactics; Not Nazism

"Germany is not a state of warriors, but of soldiers. They obey, discipline is in their blood ."
Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet
Name : Blake Schultz

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 on Thu May 27, 2010 7:28 pm

OberKommando44 wrote:StarWars battlefront Razz I know its a nerdy choice, but that game had a lot of fun modes/maps. Though the second one wasn even better. Jedi battle at Tatowine FTW!

Dude.... I never said this before, but Battlefront was the shiz!

My Twitter

I am only a fan of Vietcong tactics and I like to make fun of Communism. I do not support the VC's ideals nor Communism.

Your friendly neighbourhood Commissar. Got a question? PM me, ask me on Twitter , Facebook or e-mail me at: sirevil100@hotmail.com
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet
Name : Tuyên (Pronounced Tuee-ien) (Vietnamese name), Dex (English), Icey (Old TF nickname)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Thu May 27, 2010 10:51 pm

ICEheaven102 wrote:
OberKommando44 wrote:StarWars battlefront Razz I know its a nerdy choice, but that game had a lot of fun modes/maps. Though the second one wasn even better. Jedi battle at Tatowine FTW!

Dude.... I never said this before, but Battlefront was the shiz!
OF COURSE IT WAS! My disk is scratched htough, so I have problems playing it. WHY GOD WHY?!?1/! Sad

"Germany is not a state of warriors, but of soldiers. They obey, discipline is in their blood ."
Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Scout on Thu May 27, 2010 11:39 pm

I must be one of the few here who actually keeps their disks in prime condition. When PS3's no longer exist, I might as well take all my games and make a mirror Shocked

Character sheet
Name : Fiona

http://twitter.com/kst933

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWaveGuy on Fri May 28, 2010 12:27 am

KoreanStandardTime wrote:I must be one of the few here who actually keeps their disks in prime condition. When PS3's no longer exist, I might as well take all my games and make a mirror Shocked
hey hey hey, so do I, I never even touched the underside of a disc so it doesn't get "dirty" or gets scratches, I never threw my controller against something on purpose, and once I bought a game (and I like it) I mostly don't sell it again, games are safe with me What a Face
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyChrist on Mon May 31, 2010 5:36 am

ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:

San Andreas was really good but I prefer Vice City a bit more, also when it comes down to the soundtrack. I, and I assume you too, didn't really like the rap/hip hop music in San Andreas, and Vice City did an amazing job with V Rock and Lazlow, Vice City Stories had imo the best soundtrack, heck I play still play that game sometimes only to listen to the music.

I have to disagree. The Rock stations in San Andreas were great. Kiss, Living Colour, L7, RATM, and Faith No More to name some. SA also had lazlow though. Just saying. Smile

Like I said above, though. I like SA for the things like the engine improvements, cooler vehicles (harrier, anyone?), and the huge environment.
JohnnyChrist

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWaveGuy on Mon May 31, 2010 10:38 am

JohnnyChrist wrote:
ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:

I have to disagree. The Rock stations in San Andreas were great. Kiss, Living Colour, L7, RATM, and Faith No More to name some. SA also had lazlow though. Just saying. Smile

Like I said above, though. I like SA for the things like the engine improvements, cooler vehicles (harrier, anyone?), and the huge environment.
Yeah, but Lazlow did some lame talkshow in SA (still funny though), he was just perfect in Vice City with V Rock. Very Happy
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by DigimonFanatic on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 am

Ryu Shihaisha wrote:Okami is my favorite game for the Playstation 2 and it's one of my favorite games of all time. The watercolor-like graphics, brilliant storytelling, colorful characters, and amazing soundtrack kept me interested in playing on my Playstation 2 as much as possible well after the Playstation 3 was released. It makes me wish that I did not sell my Playstation 2. It's also the first game that I bought the original soundtrack for and listen to almost everyday.

I agree for basically the same reasons. It would be splendid if there is a console sequel in the works, however impossible it may seem.
DigimonFanatic
Left
Left

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 pm

KoreanStandardTime wrote:I must be one of the few here who actually keeps their disks in prime condition. When PS3's no longer exist, I might as well take all my games and make a mirror Shocked

5 years ago, I played Killzone 1 everyday. Today, it's in a storage cubbord with some duct tape and a hammer in my brother's house (He bought one and is married).

My Twitter

ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyerboy10 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:08 am

My favorite was Socom for sure!
Flyerboy10
FNG (Noob)
FNG (Noob)

http://Twitter.com/Flyerboy10

Back to top Go down

Post by CoDfAtHeR123 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 am

It has to be Canis Canem Edit(Bully game), I loved this game, really good story with a great Open World, one of the best "Sandbox" games to date.

Or GTA San Andreas, this was EPIC, the map was huge, the missions were great, and SO MUCH effort was put into this game, Rockstar actually rocks.

clown

Mad Hey Bowling, GTFO.
CoDfAtHeR123
FNG (Noob)
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bratti on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:55 pm

GTA San Andreas is my favorite PS2 game. I guess I have more than 100 days of playtime...But did anyone here play Black? Best PS2 first person shooter.

Bratti
FNG (Noob)
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:12 pm

Bratti wrote:GTA San Andreas is my favorite PS2 game. I guess I have more than 100 days of playtime...But did anyone here play Black? Best PS2 first person shooter.
Heard of it, haven't played it. I have seen my cousin play it once though.

Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top