The Exodus Zone
You have been logged in.

Political Debate thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Political Debate thread

Post by Doitsu on Thu May 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Here is the place to debate current events evrywhere in the world. Please keep the debates clean and friendly.

First Issue: Gun control; Strict gun laws, or Guns for all?

I feel that every human being has the right to arm themselves as they see fit. As in America, you have to be cleared to own/get a gun, so hopefully this reduces the amounts of unnessacary deaths.

I am only a Supporter of Waffen-SS Tactics; Not Nazism

"Germany is not a state of warriors, but of soldiers. They obey, discipline is in their blood ."
Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet
Name : Blake Schultz

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Debate thread

Post by NewWaveGuy on Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 pm

I don't think it's a good idea for a government to support people to arm themselves. I think it's also unfortunate that the "honest" people get most of the problems to obtain arms (things like regularisation, price, etc.) while crooks can easily buy them on a black market without all those papers and extra costs.

I say, arms should be for people which have a profession with a certain risk/danger (police, store keeper, etc (but only during their duty)), leave the actual defending/saving/shooting over to people who are trained for such situations and there will be less "mistakes".
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 on Fri May 28, 2010 7:01 pm

You should only have a gun if you are a licensed hunter, work for the police, or in the military. Possestion of gun optics and surpressors is illegal too.

My Twitter

I am only a fan of Vietcong tactics and I like to make fun of Communism. I do not support the VC's ideals nor Communism.

Your friendly neighbourhood Commissar. Got a question? PM me, ask me on Twitter , Facebook or e-mail me at: sirevil100@hotmail.com
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Character sheet
Name : Tuyên (Pronounced Tuee-ien) (Vietnamese name), Dex (English), Icey (Old TF nickname)

http://exoduszone.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 pm

ICEheaven102 wrote:You should only have a gun if you are a licensed hunter, work for the police, or in the military. Possestion of gun optics and surpressors is illegal too.

When I visit Arkansas, even the Wal-marts have Gun aisles. The fire arms code is relaxed there, so you could basically get any gun as long as it is a Explosive or inceniary device Razz

"Germany is not a state of warriors, but of soldiers. They obey, discipline is in their blood ."
Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Scout on Fri May 28, 2010 9:21 pm

OberKommando44 wrote:When I visit Arkansas, even the Wal-marts have Gun aisles. The fire arms code is relaxed there, so you could basically get any gun as long as it is a Explosive or inceniary device Razz
I saw a pink shotgun at Wal-Mart once and a pink sniper rifle in Bass Pro.

Character sheet
Name : Fiona

http://twitter.com/kst933

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:33 pm

New Issue of the Week: The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico

My opinion: I am just tired of hearing people complain about it. I know that it is BP's fault (They should have been prepared for this type of thing) but it is also the Government's fault as well for letting somethign like this happen. At his point I think it is finally going to be under control by August.

Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:15 pm

I don't know much about the Oil Spill, but I do want it fixed... I've seen pictures and videos of some of the animals in the gulf of Mexico and... its just terrible. From what I've heard we didn't make any short term plans that would be successful. I am just tried of seeing all of those poor animals suffer...
Nozomi "Ai" Kiriya

Character sheet
Name : Ai Miromoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Scout on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:29 am

The guys who save the animals let them go after cleaning them. Are they for real? Those birds could get covered up in oil.... AGAIN.

Character sheet
Name : Fiona

http://twitter.com/kst933

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:31 pm

OK, New Topic: What do you think of the new Mosk (Is that how you spell it? The muslim place of worship) being built several blocks away from ground zero. Keep in mind however that they are tearing down their old one, and rebuilding it, not just building one from the ground up.

Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWaveGuy on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:03 pm

I searched the word and I think it's mosque.

I didn't now it was "just" a replacement, knowing that changes a lot actually (is it being build at the exact same spot?).

Anyway, personally I still wouldn't like it (if I was "closer" to the situation), though I don't know the details of it and if the majority agrees then I guess that's fine (if it's at the exact same spot). I already disgust every mosque that gets build here, it doesn't belong here but they shove it up our ****** and if we want to prevent something like that or simply dislike it we're racist, etc. all that bullshit, but try building a church somewhere in one of their countries.

I can image it's a stab in the hart for true Americans, knowing what happened there.

What do you think about it?, it's what I so fucking hate, people from another country trying to rule this place with bringing their habits, etc. here and not adapt, and when you want to stand up for yourself you're the bad person. I'm not racist, but if there are more people from another country in your prison, without a job and they sometimes get better treatment than our own people, I have my thoughts about "them".

I hope not too many people read this lol, I always try to stay objective, perhaps I didn't this time, and I might've gone a bit offtopic.
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:48 pm

ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:I searched the word and I think it's mosque.

I didn't now it was "just" a replacement, knowing that changes a lot actually (is it being build at the exact same spot?).

Anyway, personally I still wouldn't like it (if I was "closer" to the situation), though I don't know the details of it and if the majority agrees then I guess that's fine (if it's at the exact same spot). I already disgust every mosque that gets build here, it doesn't belong here but they shove it up our ****** and if we want to prevent something like that or simply dislike it we're racist, etc. all that bullshit, but try building a church somewhere in one of their countries.

I can image it's a stab in the hart for true Americans, knowing what happened there.

What do you think about it?, it's what I so fucking hate, people from another country trying to rule this place with bringing their habits, etc. here and not adapt, and when you want to stand up for yourself you're the bad person. I'm not racist, but if there are more people from another country in your prison, without a job and they sometimes get better treatment than our own people, I have my thoughts about "them".

I hope not too many people read this lol, I always try to stay objective, perhaps I didn't this time, and I might've gone a bit offtopic.

No No, that was a wonderful and truth opinion, we need more people in this world that will actually speak their minds.

On Topic:Well, at first I thought that they were just building a new one, so I was against it, but then I heard that they were demolishing the old one, adn building it in the exact same spot, so I was some-what ok with it. However that was until I recieved in an email from a friend a video explaining this situation.

Listen carefully to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFzFIDbKpg I'm sure than even none-Americans would be offended. I have nothing against Muslims, but I would not want them to buld that mosque. The acttack was not done just by terrorists with no other plans, but their religion played a big part in it. For them, they did it for "Allah" and will be rewarded for their sacrifice. I am 100% against the rebuilding of the mosque.

Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWaveGuy on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm convinced some of that might be true in the video, and when I think about it, it makes a lot of sense, but I don't think ALL Muslims are like that, and it might be a bit exaggerated.

He uses his friend as an example, I think it's a bad example and it's actually just one example, he tries to represent his friend as all the Muslims.

Although now that you mention it ... do you know about the Mohamed cartoons when some people even died when Muslims protested. We talked about it in our class at the time (we had two Muslims in our class (for the record, no hate at all for them)), they somewhat surprised me though. Of course they agreed that the Muslims reacted too heavily and there never should've been people that died. Although they did make me realize their believe is still a very important part of their life, while if they hang out with us, it seems they're just like us (they drink alcohol, have sex pre-marriage, etc. (mostly the fun stuff Razz)).
I have respect for everyone and their believes (though I don't believe in any "God" myself) but I think they should realize that for us, the Mohamed cartoon wasn't our intention to upset Muslims, it's not such a big deal, it's only a cartoon for us, and they don't really realize that or take it way too serious. Also they acted like they were the victim, like always. If that mosque will not be approved for example, they'll most likely be/act like "the victim" and act like they were treated in an unfair way.

I agree with that video, and it makes sense (their believe has to conquer and rule the world, that counts for all religions actually), but maybe not for every single Muslim. I have to say, it's a weird (in the way of dangerous) believe the Islam, you can never be sure. It wouldn't be the first time a Muslim fell in love with someone from here, but after a time things change, they demand their partner to become a Muslim, they kidnap the children to their country, they kill someone to honor the family, these things don't belong here. You think you know someone but then they do something like I mention in the previous sentence, they can surprise us with being another person than they act to be, though I'm not sure if it counts for all Muslims.

NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doitsu on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:16 am

ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:I'm convinced some of that might be true in the video, and when I think about it, it makes a lot of sense, but I don't think ALL Muslims are like that, and it might be a bit exaggerated.

He uses his friend as an example, I think it's a bad example and it's actually just one example, he tries to represent his friend as all the Muslims.

Although now that you mention it ... do you know about the Mohamed cartoons when some people even died when Muslims protested. We talked about it in our class at the time (we had two Muslims in our class (for the record, no hate at all for them)), they somewhat surprised me though. Of course they agreed that the Muslims reacted too heavily and there never should've been people that died. Although they did make me realize their believe is still a very important part of their life, while if they hang out with us, it seems they're just like us (they drink alcohol, have sex pre-marriage, etc. (mostly the fun stuff Razz)).
I have respect for everyone and their believes (though I don't believe in any "God" myself) but I think they should realize that for us, the Mohamed cartoon wasn't our intention to upset Muslims, it's not such a big deal, it's only a cartoon for us, and they don't really realize that or take it way too serious. Also they acted like they were the victim, like always. If that mosque will not be approved for example, they'll most likely be/act like "the victim" and act like they were treated in an unfair way.

I agree with that video, and it makes sense (their believe has to conquer and rule the world, that counts for all religions actually), but maybe not for every single Muslim. I have to say, it's a weird (in the way of dangerous) believe the Islam, you can never be sure. It wouldn't be the first time a Muslim fell in love with someone from here, but after a time things change, they demand their partner to become a Muslim, they kidnap the children to their country, they kill someone to honor the family, these things don't belong here. You think you know someone but then they do something like I mention in the previous sentence, they can surprise us with being another person than they act to be, though I'm not sure if it counts for all Muslims.

True, that is true for most people. You can't put a name or mark on a whole people just because of one person. Now regarding the Mohammed cartoon, I believe you were referring to the South Park episode wiht the league of super friends, and they couldn't show what mohammed looked like because the creators were being threatened. I belive that they should lighten up, because in the same episode they had Buddah doing crack O_O, and the budists didn't complain. However I do not mind if they do build the mosque if it is for RELIGIOUS PURPOSES ONLY.

Doitsu
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by NewWaveGuy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 am

OberKommando44 wrote:True, that is true for most people. You can't put a name or mark on a whole people just because of one person. Now regarding the Mohammed cartoon, I believe you were referring to the South Park episode wiht the league of super friends, and they couldn't show what mohammed looked like because the creators were being threatened. I belive that they should lighten up, because in the same episode they had Buddah doing crack O_O, and the budists didn't complain. However I do not mind if they do build the mosque if it is for RELIGIOUS PURPOSES ONLY.
No, I don't think it was from Southpark, it was something in a newspaper I think. I don't know where it was, Denmark? actually I really don't know anymore, Denmark is just my first guess.
NewWaveGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top